RE: Re: D68C

 "Howard Long" writes:

> I found IRC very helpful an my recent little jaunt. Of course this was
> nothing like the D68C operation!
snip
> Of course, I'm sure some might see use of IRC in this way as cheating... any
> comments?

This is such a good idea I'm surprised I didn't think of it. I certainly don't
see it as cheating, more like a 2-way cluster; but the report exchanges must
only be passed by radio IMHO ... I wouldn't like "pretend" QSOs to happen,
I doubt the D68C ops would do this anyway.

As far as list-making is concerned I'm not so sure though. Depends on the
guys at the hot end really.

One factor though is their internet connectivity from there - if its good
(and their computer comms work with all that rf flying around), and if they
can get the IRC working in the shack, then they may try it ... will suggest
it to them.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org