Re: Re: true North or true South

Yes, using sunrise, sunset works equally well when Polaris or the Southern
Cross is not visible----equally well in Northern or Southern hemispheres!
It doesn't matter whether the upper or lower limb, center or civil
times is used just as long as the same two parameters are used and local
noon is calculated by dividing sunup by two.  Cliff K7RR