Re: RE: Drake 2880 Unit - Rattle

Hello This is Yoshi.

At 2001/02/09 06:12:20 Margaret Leber (K3XS) wrote:
> So I don't think they're *all* like that.

  I do not know that all 2880s are same or not. But all 2880 that I
and my friends in Japan bought from Millicom, had a 2 small metal
loose parts inside of the waterploof case - just upside of the
RF-IF shield cover.
  I do not know the purpose or effect of these 2 metal parts. The
plastic shield cover of RF-IF stage was courted by some kind of
metal so it will have another purpose or effect than shield the
RF-IF stage. Stabilize or Reduce the standing wave at inside of
the case? or ground contact between the upper case and lower body?
I do not know.

  I am using all of my 2880 with these metals just same as when
I got it. But when I tried to replace it, my 2880 works fine.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
mailto:jf6bcc@jarl.com or jf6bcc@jamsat.or.jp
<http://plaza16.mbn.or.jp/~palau/> Sorry, Japanese only now.