From: Gregory Beat [mailto:gregory.beat@mediaone.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 9:20 AM
To: Mark D. Fossum; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Drake 2880 Unit - Rattle

Mark -

Received Drake 2880 a couple of days ago.  Noticed a "rattle" with the unit.

Opened it up and found the aluminum shield in place (screwed in place) over
the input and output stages,

BUT found 2 pieces of alumunium loose.  One is solid square ( 1" x 3/4" )
and the other piece of
metal is the same size and the shield ... but with one hole ( 3/16") and
four smaller holes (less than 1/16").

Best guess ?

Unit also had the noise figure measurements at target ( 2.5 GHz)
frequencies.  This one around 2.7 dB

G. Beat
w9gb