Re: Re: True North - Sorry - 1 hour error in original calc.

Rick Walter <rwalter@rain.millersville.edu> wrote:

>One more thing ... maybe you did mention it in your original
>message.  Don't forget to include the equation of time in your
>calculations...Therefore, the sun
>will be over 3 degrees away from true south (SE).

While 3 degrees would be a significant navigation error
out in the middle of the Pacific, I envy the ham who has
an antenna system where 3 degrees matters.

I used exactly the same technique to align the antennas
when I set up VA3SFL at school. Even wrote about it on
amsat-bb. Sitting up on the roof at noon in August in
Toronto wasn't fun...