Re: What happened to AO-40?/ NO news is BAD news!!!!

Hi All,

I for one, don't think that no news is bad news.  But, I do think no news is a
bad thing for the amateur satellite program.  We are getting a steady stream of
good news.  Thanks to the various AMSAT web sites, this list, and the various
national Amsat newsletters.  I think Peter Guelzow of Amsat-DL has been VERY
informative.  (Thanks Peter!!!)

However, we have not seen much (if any) information as to what happened to cause
AO-40 to be disabled.  The longer the we go without any sort of information the
bigger the vacuum becomes.  The best way to keep assumptions and speculations
from getting out of hand is with the facts.

73's de Rich Burgan @ WC8J

----