What happened to AO-40?

Hi All,

We are all wondering what happened to AO-40.  We may never
know for sure but there must be some well informed theories.
Many of us have been waiting patiently to let the command team
figure it out.  The latest word is that we have a couple of
months to wait before the sun sensors start working.  We have
had no official information about the incident aboard AO-40.
Back in December 2000 AMSAT-NA made an announcement about a
formal investigation.  While we wait it would be appropriate
for the command team and the AMSAT officers to update all of
us on what happened to AO-40.

Sincerely,
Rich Burgan, WC8J