Re: Vultures

>        I have found the application of a layer of grease to be a very
>effective solution to "bird perching" problems. I must admit however, that
>I've never tried it out doors and that it can be rather messy.
>
>            73 de Geoff vk2tfg

One thing I've heard is that pigeons, at least, don't like to perch on
things that are sticky.  There's a company that's taken advantage of that
and made a compound that renders just about any surface permanently tacky
so the birds won't stay on it (they do land on it, but leave to find
another perch after a few moments) and apparently it works on pigeons.
Don't know if it works on buzzards or not, but I suspect it would ..

<BGB>
             Bruce Bostwick  N5VB  Austin, TX  Grid EM10DH
 ARRL / UT ARC / Austin ARC / Travis Co. ARES / ARRL+W5YI Vol. Examiner
   http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~lihan/  mailto:lihan@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu