RE: Vultures

Plastic owls do work on the Turkey Vultures (I guess that's what you have.)
They discovered my kids' tree-house last summer and were depositing all
kinds of lovely things on it and in it.  I bought one of those things, about
20 inches high, and haven't had troubles since.  We have quite a few real
ones so the vultures know about them.

The "white stuff" is urine and might pit the dish.  You might buy some clear
coat acrylic lacquer in a spray can.  It shouldn't degrade your performance
and will shield the aluminum from the corrosive effects of the droppings.
Just give your dish a good cleaning to remove all the dust and deposits.

73/
Kevin, WB5RUE