Re: BRAVO ZULU

>From: "Fred Kennedy" <fredk@kcbbs.gen.nz>
>To: "Robert Oler" <cvn65vf94@msn.com>
>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] BRAVO ZULU
>Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 10:43:07 +1300
>
>Hi Robert,
>            The subject of your message jumped at me from the
>screen!   "Bee Zed" indeed!
>Fred
>(ex Commander E.(SD) Royal Navy)
>............oops!  Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned that.   I'd hate
>to start up all that status rubbish again!!

Howdy Fred... (the REal Navy huh?)  ONe day I was invited for "lunch" aboard
HMS Antigone and showing up the gangway was guarded of course by a RM and I
asked him what "RM" stood for and quick on his feet he replied "Real marines
sir".

then there was the RN Commander who I became chums with "Sir Reginald Monk"
during flight test school.  Anyway we were discussing ships names once and
he mentioned how it was funny how "you Yanks" named your ships particularly
famous battles and I mentioned well "Ones like Bunker Hill" with a smile and
he retored "You know we still have flags from that battle in the IMperial
War Museum" and I nodded and said "yes...we still have the Hill"

Great fun.

I forgot to POST what BZ stood far.  I hope that the guy figured out it was
"good"...

thanks for the note.  Robert