Amsat-UK Colloquium Beginners

Gang

This is primarily aimed at people who plan to come to the Amsat-UK Colloquium
in late July this year; or have gone to a beginners' session at any previous
event.

I'd be grateful for thoughts about moving our "Beginners" session to the
Friday afternoon; in the past it has been on the saturday morning.

The problem with running two streams at an event like this is that people
can't go to both. Last year the beginners stream clashed with lots of sexy
stuff about P3D.

My thought is that if someone really wants to see the beginners stream they'd
a) miss less (amateur-oriented) stuff if its on the Friday; and b) be more
inclined to take friday off work specially to come to them.

Conversly theres the extra night's accommodation cost which some might
not be able to manage.

This is a tough call. I really think it should run at a time that doesn't
coincide with the better talks in the main stream but its hard to juggle and
I'm wondering if Friday afternoon is the best compromise. (We usually have a
rocket firing on sunday morning - no-one ever wants to miss that.)

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188