Re: Symek IFD & the FT-847

"Lonnie (NT6B)" wrote:

> Doug........Yep for a FT-1000MP and some of the ones for the 847 are very
> close in length...I choose the 1000 MP because it seemed longer and I
> wanted to be safe.  Doug, the switch you want is $1.50 from Yaesu...not
> that difficult to put in but what I did was break the switch with a pair of
> needle nose pliers after the disassembly and then pulled the connectors out
> one at a time from the front side...much easier for me......good
> luck......Lonnie  (NT6B)

Hey , no sweat , I have already replaced my power switch once and decided that I
better get another one , as it doesn't look like the replacement is any better ,
and luckily I have a cobbled together vacuum solder extractor at home so
removing the switch was a breeze , but not something I want to do everyday

Anyway guess I will be calling cerritos on monday :)

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544