RE: Fade remover

Jens,

Thanks for your coding suggestions.

Whatever solution is used, it needs to take into account the actual
nature of the spin-induced fading we are seeing.  I have sample
waveforms and pictures that I am adding to a viewgraph presentation for
the AMSAT-DC meeting on April 1st.

Nothing would please me more than to have a real FEC + Interleaver
running on AO-40.  We have solved the initial signal-to-noise issues at
the 12-meter dish.  Now we have a reasonably good signal throughout the
entire time AO-40 is in view.  This is probably the only station in the
world that can perform this feat for AO-40 right now.  Most big dishes
are committed to other uses.

Now if we can get the command team's attention.  Wouldn't it be
something to connect to Ron's telemetry server at NASA and get telemetry
whenever AO-40 is in view of Annapolis MD?

Rick
W2GPS