Re: Fade remover

I am in complete agreement with Franklin.  If we can
store twice the data that is one frame,  we can do a
tail biting  encoding of the data frame.  The interleaver
can simply be a computed pointer into this data, and
then you transmit it.  If we can't index through the
data at 400 bps, then we could build the array and
transmit it.  Therefore the total memory went from
514 bytes for the current load to 2028 bytes for the
worst case.  We could use exactly the
same demodulators we are using now, the data
rate would halve.  We could even use fairly long
constraint lengths if we tail bite.  This is absolutely
maddening to have 12 meter dishes in use and
getting not a single CRC checked frame.

Tail biting is where you write  the data to be encoded
on a "circular"  shift register the length of the data and
then pass the encoder around the circle until each
bit has been passed over once.  You can then glue
as many copies together of the transmission as you
need to decode.    Tail biting also relieves you of the
need to have a flush sequence.  This could be done.
It takes only will power.

Bob