Re: Symek IFD & the FT-847

"Lonnie (NT6B)" wrote:
> This cable is configured to use the existing (Push in) socket when you
> remove the short lengths to do the mod.    Like you and some of the other
> members of the list find the space inside the 847 to be a little short of
> "spacious".  Me being the pessimist, and with Murphy almost always
> lingering around  I find the original manufacturing methods of connecting
> to be the best when it comes to this and other modifications.
>
> With the "Wire Assembly", as Yaesu terms it, Part number T9317982 (About 12
> inches long and from a FT-1000) at a cost of $4.25 US the mod is easier and
> much safer to perform.

You say this part # is actually for the FT-1000? and that it has "push in "
connectors on both ends?
Cool , now all I have to do is find a bulkhead sma connector that is "inline" so
that I don't have open wires inside the rig ( better sheilding ) ....

I had planned on using some connectors from Motorola , as they use the same
connectors in some of their LMR radios and just use some teflon coax scraps I
have laying around , but hey if I can get it ready-made then hooraw :)
I needed to order a power switch for my '847 anyway ....

Thanks Lonnie for giving us the input .

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544