From: Margaret Leber (K3XS)
Cc: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Sent: 2/2/01 10:05 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fade remover

Brian Mitton wrote:

> Has anybody thoght about writing a program that could take two or more
> .wav files, recorded by separate stations during the same pass...

Funny, I was just speculating to myself the other day while watching
Bob's
stream from the 40' dish hit the server, that while it was noisy, that I
bet
that

 1) The noise wasn't in the same places in every block and...

 2)  Two of the same kind of block recieved close together in time were
probably
mostly the same data so...

 3)  ...if you lined up a bunch of like frames from roughly the same
period of
time and took a majority vote on the contents of each byte, you could
probably
build up a synthetic dataset that might not be 100% but was likely
pretty close
to what was originally sent.

 I can't be the first one to think of that either.

  73 de Maggie K3XS