Re: Sunsat Oscar-35 meets its destiny

on 2/2/01 1:32 PM, Johann Lochner at lochner@ing.sun.ac.za wrote:

> Our last contact with Sunsat Oscar-35 was on Friday 19 January 2001
> at 15:22:37 UTC.  Unfortunately, little hope remains after two weeks
> of recovery attempts.  Thanks to all who shared in our fun.  Your
> feedback and encouragement made most of it happen.  Hope to talk to
> you on Amsat Oscar-40 soon.  See the press release, available at the
> following address: <http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za/news/20010201.html>.

Johann,

I am saddened to hear of the loss of SO-35.  It was really a neat bird and
well loved by all.  Unfortunately, while I have copied APRS data from the
satellite, I never did make a QSO on it.  Oh well....

You guys did great and have a lot to be proud of.  You made everyone happier
with your work.

73 and Good luck on future projects,

Jon
NA9D