Re: Fade remover

At 03:15 PM 2/2/01, Jens David wrote:
>Again, it would be nicer if we had some sort of convolutional FEC on the
>signal. We could use some soft-output modified viterbi decoder (the BCJR
>for example) to consider the reliablility of each symbol from each source
>and weighting them apropriately before adding them up.

Yes, but it's even more than that.  If you had good error-correcting coding
and interleaving on this link, you would have greatly reduced
susceptability to fading, and single stations would decode the data
correctly by themselves and you wouldn't need to do the combining.

System engineering is the best answer.