Re: AO-40 Data

Hi Bill,

Yes we are short of telemetry at the moment, ... orbit 117 we only got 1
CRCC block!

Any data is better than none, so we always appreciate receiving anything
captured during the pass.

As for hints with AO40RCV, ... none really its just plug and play, I use it
here and find it a great program, ... don't swish the dial for Doppler
mid-block, ... wait for the gaps, .... AO40RCV doesn't like swishing!

On the antenna, I think this may be where your problem is, ... I found that
with mine aligning by sight etc didn't work, ... but aligning by ear does.
On a good pass forget about capturing telem, and just do antenna alignment,
.. it
ll pay off in the long run. Get your tracking program (with new keps and PC
clock set right just before pass), to track where it thinks the bird is, ...
then tune the radio for best audio RX, ... then adjust rotator manually to
see if you can peak the signal, ... I found that the sweet spot on my
antenna is about 10 degrees up, i.e. to get 0 elev I have to really point
the antenna for 10 degrees elev, ... with a 60cm dish that is substantial as
the beamwidth is just 15 degrees, ....

So that's all I can think up at this time.

Cheers
Paul, VP9MU