Re: Symek IFD & the FT-847

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: "Howard Long" <howard@howardlong.com>
An: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 1. Februar 2001 23:29
Betreff: [amsat-bb] Symek IFD & the FT-847

> Some notes I made installing the Symek IFD on an FT-847...

As OM Howard, wrote, he finally managed to install the IFD into FT 847.

CONGRATS, Howard !

He's right: with FT847 the installation is somewhat challenging
as the transceiver is crammed and no space is left for add-on's.

Modern equipment (see the mobile phones as an extreme) is built
to unpack and use it 'as it is'. Not to open and solder wires
here and do any modifications ...  :-(

In 'old' FT736 there is space for 10 boards like the IFD, all
thru-hole mounted parts, easy to access.

Modern and 'state of the art' does not always mean 'best for us OM'.

> So as a true ham I made do with what I had...

Times become worse for those who want to experiment with electronics
and the soldering iron. Take off your hat to all who venture on such
difficult tasks and finally succeed!

73! Ulf, DK9SJ