1.2ghz uplink

Hello
The many threads and ideas on s-band reception have been an education for
me, and I  hope to have s-band receive capabilty soon.  Receiving
telemetry is ok but I would prefer listening to K0BLT' melodeous voice
drifting down from above.  Or Jerry/oe or Paul/vas,  or anyone else I
enjoy  talking to.  I want to start a thread on what is required to put a
1.2ghz signal 'up there', no politics, guns, cuss words, someones values
or lack thereof.  I want to learn the requirements needed, as in;
transverters, antennas, link budgets, etc etc.  I am  working on my
microwave-phobia, and this bb is a fantastic resource.
73...Bob...W7LRD
Renton, Wa.