Re: Helix Feed question

Hi Bill

Assuming you wish to have a circular polarized dish antenna .    I know
how assumptions work.

Your Bar-B-Q dish is a linear construct of a paraboloid ,  all the wires
that make up the surface of the dish lay in one plane.      In order to
use a helix for a prime antenna ( ands get circular polarized ) the
surface of the dish needs to be either solid or a mesh surface.     In
answer to the question about the placement of a prime antenna ,  it is
placed at the focal point of the dish in question.

Have fun

73's

Joe  K0VTY