Re: Helix Feed question

>If I have a 3 turn helix and I want to use it with my Bar-b-Q dish.
>Where is the helix placed in regard to the focal point of the dish.
>Example, Is the helix reflector placed a focus?

Hi Bill,
It is generally recommended that placing the focal point at the end of turn
one is about right. That's the position I've always used and it seems to be
fine. I made an adjustable setup years ago using a 2.25 turn helix as
recommended by James Miller, and tried this very point. My experience seemed
to indicate the "turn-1" position was correct although the adjustment was
fairly broad and not all that critical.
Bill...vk3jt