RE: XML and radio [was:Re: Sick to death]

Why not use something that is more standardized and works uniformly cross
platforms/OS?  I wrote my FT-890 control program using C on a Radio Shack
Color Computer running OS9 ("tiny UNIX" type system).  I later ported it to
an MS-DOS and then to Windows with almost no changes.  I think the only
changes were because of the size of the integer data type.  It's 8-bit on a
Color Computer and 16-bit on a PC.  I have a friend who's using the same
program on a MAC with no modifications.  All he had to do is compile it.  If
you are careful and don't use any fancy, machine-dependant function calls
you can write code that works anywhere.

How do you like your 847?  I'm getting ready to make the big purchase soon.
I wish it had an internal tuner like the 890.  What I DO like about it is
separate antenna connections for HF/6m/2m/70cm -- NO DUPLEXERS!

73/

Kevin, WB5RUE