RE: Sick to death of the Linux vs Windows debate

My kids don't watch television unless it is pre-screened/pre-recorded by my
wife or me.

Your last comment is excellent!  Use the system that best suits your needs.
One of the biggest mistakes people make when buying computers is that they
buy a machine and then look for software that will do what they want.  What
they should do is find software that will do what they need and then find a
machine that will run it.  If you need super, hi-performance graphics and
"desktop publishing" then you probably want a MAC.  If you are a developer
who wants to write software for a large variety of systems then you probably
want a PC.  There are machines to suit every situation.  MACs aren't
"better" than PCs and Windows isn't "better" or "worse" than Lynux, UNIX or
whatever.  It all comes down to what do you need.

Now why not let this subject die a quiet death and lets all get back to ham
radio stuff, eh?

73/
Kevin, WB5RUE