RE: Sick to death of the Linux vs Windows debate (going OT)

> Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 14:29:16 -0400
> From: paul.willmott@omsl.bm
> Subject: [amsat-bb] Sick to death of the Linux vs Windows debate
>
> Will you all shut up about windows vs Linux, .... none of you
> are going to
> change each others minds, ... and I don't give a f#ck what
> O/S you all get
> off on anyway, .... go start another mailing list if you want
> to talk about
> it, ... this list is for amateur satellites, ... not scoring
> points and nah
> nah my O/S is better than your O/S, .... whatever works for
> you works for
> you, ... now shut up!
>
> Paul, VP9MU
> - ----
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 19:41:12 -0000
> From: "Simon Lewis" <simon@creoch.freeserve.co.uk>
> Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] Sick to death of the Linux vs Windows debate
>
> Hurray!
>
> Gets my vote!
>
> Simon GM4PLM
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 14:00:51 -0600
> From: "Kevin Muenzler, WB5RUE" <wb5rue@arrl.net>
> Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] Sick to death of the Linux vs Windows debate
>
> Be nice Paul, you aren't helping the issue with your
> profanity.  Yes I know
> you have the "freedom" to say what you want but let's at
> least keep the same
> standards you have on the air, eh?  There are lots of young
> people who read
> these messages.
>
> Kevin, WB5RUE
>

> - ----
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 15:08:33 -0600
> From: "Bruce Paige" <kk5do@AMSAT.Org>
> Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] Sick to death of the Linux vs Windows debate
>
> just glad that i read the message before my 11 year old
> daughter, w5bts, saw
> it. i am sure she knows the word but i don't want her to use
> it and don't want
> her to think that i associate with people that use that type
> of language as we
> don't use it here in our house....ever. not that i haven't
> slipped and used it at
> work...but never around my kids.
>
> i guess we have gotten rid of the linux/windows debate and
> have now moved
> on to a 3 week interlude of the use of certain words in a message.
>
> 73...bruce

> ==============
> Bruce Paige, KK5DO                      Internet: kk5do@amsat.org
> Houston, Texas
> AMSAT Area Coordinator
> ARRL Awards Manager (WAS, 5BWAS, VUCC), VE
> Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on W0KIE Satcom C3, T24, 7.5Mhz
> Also affiliated repeaters in North America. Also available on
> Real Audio at
> http://www.amsatnet.com                Visit SHOT
> http://www.clarc.org/shot
> [...]
Not only are we going to have a debate about language but somehow it will
get twisted to a analog vs digital debate and that would bring us full
circle again.

I have seen it happen before and we all are going to see it happen time and
time again.
At least it keeps things alife. (hmm why did I go digest at work again?)

73 de Andre PE1RDW (who uses both linux and windows and doesn't care about
language)
aprsdigi co-ordinator Netherlands
member aprs workgroup Netherlands
mailto:pe1rdw@aprsnl.org