Re: Sick to death of the Linux vs Windows debate

Does it for me. I like them both. However, it is now referred to as
OpenVMS. I use it here (OpenVMS) on Vax systems and Alphas and
have started to develop amateur applications for my own use. I prefer
OpenVMS over all the others, but obviously not practical for the average
amateur due to equipment needs and the licensing costs. Although
you can now buy complete Alpha systems for same to less than PC
prices.

Alphas can also run Linux, Unix, Windows NT and OpenVMS. Gives you
a good choice of operating systems. Only the Windows NT is emulated
in 32-bit mode. Microsoft changed its mind about finishing the 64-bit
mode.

At 07:35 PM 01/30/2001 -0500, John Zaruba Jr wrote:

>Mark Gamber wrote:
>
>> The OBVIOUS answer is VMS.
>
>How about RSX-11?
>
>:-)