Fwd: Mode S feed for TVRO Dish

>From: John Brown <n4cnn@yahoo.com>>
>I have a 10' TVRO dish with weeds growing around it
>out in the back yard.  Anyone have any suggestions on
>a feed to use for Mode S?  Have a Drake on the way and
>figure I would get the weed eater out and get started
>on a new project.
>
>John - N4CNN

Most TVRO dishes are f/d ratio of ~.35, so either a 3-turn helix or a 1
pound coffee can horn will work.  Ten feet is pretty large for satellites
at 2.4 GHz and will have a narrow beam width requiring precise pointing.
But if you can do it you'll have no problem with the signal.  BTW when you
get the 2.4G satellite Rx going, then you are not far from considering eme;
quite doable with a 10 footer!

Ed