Re: 2.4 GHz filter

Thanks to everyone that offered!  The filter was needed to replace the
2.2 Ghz filter in the 40' dish downconverter.  We were operating without
a filter so we could hear 2.4 Ghz, but this was suffering a 3 dB
performance hit due to image noise.  After posting my Email, I decided to
try an un modified Drake as a downconverter instead of the $25,000 one
I was using.  It worked.  We got that extra 3 dB!

We can use the unmodified Drake because we have over 30 dB of RF gain in
front of it.  But by the time we got back to the control room, we only had
about 15 minutes to LOS.  But the signals were improved even though AO40
was at apogee 67,000 Miles up.  We should have better data on the next
pass (though the 18 RPM fades shoot holes in everything)...

Thanks to each of you that jumped forward.   de WB4APR, Bob

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

See my APRS LIVE pages    http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs.html
See APRS SATELLITES       http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/astars.html
See MIM/Mic-E/Mic-Lite    http://www.toad.net/~wclement/mim2.htm