Re: Re: Drake 2880 power

FWIW, I built a similar setup as Yoshi for my portable S-band testing (I did not even cover it with alumnimum foil).  I used two panel-mount SO-239 connectors and soldered a 0.1 uF ceramic capacitor (value not critical at VHF) between the two center conductors and then soldered a 100 uH RF choke from RS (about 79 cents) to the Drake-side connector.  A 2" piece of wire connects the shield side of each SO-239 and keeps the whole works together.  Power is applied via the ubiquitous alligator clips to the choke and one of the SO-239 shield lugs.  Works FB.  A first class installation, of course, would spring for the $1.99 aluminum box :-)
73,
Jerry, K5OE

<< Hello This is Yoshi.

At 2001/01/30 03:40:04 John P. Toscano wrote:
>                    DC Blocking Capacitor
>                            \/
>
> IF Radio ====[coax]========)(========*=========[coax]==== Drake 2880
>                            C1        (
>                                       )  <== RF Blocking Inductor
>                                      (       (Sorry, couldn't figure
>                                   L1  )      a better way to draw it)
>                                      (
>                                     )|(  C2 - Feedthrough Capacitor
>                                +VDC Power Feed

<snip>
> Sorry, I have no idea on the appropriate values of the components.

  This is in my case.

http://plaza16.mbn.or.jp/~palau/images/mode-s-conv01.jpg
  ( C1:0.01uF Ceramic, L1:0.3mm-Wire 4mm-Dim 15-turn. No C2. )

  After this, I covered all of this circuit with alminum-Foil
for shield.

73 de Yoshi JF6BCC/KH2GR

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
mailto:jf6bcc@jarl.com