Re: Drake 2880 power

>Don DeGregori (W6RWN) wrote:
>
>> This is probably an old question, but what is an easy way to power
>> the Drake, if one does not have a satellite rig that puts power thru
>> the cable. I know one can do the mod and apply power through a hole
>> drilled in the case. Is there a cheap power inserter idea around?

What you are looking for is called a bias tee.  As John showed, you can
make your own or buy one from:
http://downeastmicrowave.com

The item is listed as cat no. BT listed for $35.00.

Now my Drake 2880's came with power insertors or "bias tees".  I bought
mine from Conifer in 1998.  Maybe they still have some!

Ed