Re: While we're on the subject of non-PC users .. ;-)

Laura is correct.....

Earthquake..... shatters India....
Monsoon... Washes Japan...
Volcano... Ashes Mexico...

And the respective BB/News groups run with the NEWS....

A very small fraction.... Usually those with little or NO experience
complain and (GET help).... in a NEWS group....

MS puts you on hold and DONT you think (ITS your Fault....
it didn't load right....) by the time your done?

Your are reading about... the India's/Japan's/Mexico's  BAD experiences...
and if you pay a close look they are being "Elmered" through their
problems..

Fear of Change thrives in Operating systems.... change is Bad...
I'm to old/busy/important/... to even try the new one...  Ill retire...

Speaking from your rocker or barco-lounger (sp?) is not how we change
the world...  I envision you 5 years from now wondering if you'll upgrade
your
hand held device to Linux 4.5 or wait for the new build....  It is the
future..
You adapt or you are left behind....

There were several OS's before mr. gates had his dream and his dream is
so bloated right now it is a target rich environment for sales people and
the
engineers that support them (such as I)... (non os based... Unix run...)

In the free world (free being a truism here)... the kids getting the
degree's
are learning on a free OS that you can pick apart and make better... the
closed
paradigm of corporate land is dying.  Look at the partners of LINUX...
Look where the money is going....  MS made a bunch of Millionaires but
they are putting their money on Open systems such as Linux...

My $.02 US....
KG4ITU@amsat.com
"Take a walk in a world of imagination" -- Willie Wonka