Re: 2.4 GHz Signal source

Bill:

I wrote to Don with essentially the same advise, except:

Your FT-847 can transmit on 50 MHz and receive the IF for 2.4 GHz at the
same time.  Just go into satellite mode and program up a "dummy satellite"
where Tx is 50 MHz and Rx is 144? or 123? [if that is your convertor's IF].
 One final thing is to press the TRACK and SPLIT buttons so that neither
"TCK-REV" or "TCK-NOR" are displayed.  This way the Tx frequency will not
change as you tune the receiver.

I also suggested he try it without a diode.  There may be enough harmonic
energy?  Or maybe not.

Ed