2.4 GHz Signal source

Sure is;
Find a handheld radio that you are certain is on frequency, calculate
which harmonic would fall in the passband of your downconvertor and
transmit on the corresponing fundamental. ( To get a clean beat note, be
sure to turn of the CTCSS tone encoder) In my case, I used a modified
Standard C508 tuned in the 400 MHz range (6 th harmonic). I also found I
could receive my 13cm TX with the same radio by tuning an image
frequency.

>Subject: [amsat-bb] 2.4 GHz Signal source

>Is there a relatively cheap or easy to construct signal source for
2.4GHz? I
>hooked my DEMI downconverter to the dish antenna today, connected to
FT-847.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
Jleikhim@nettally.com

"tv dinner by the pool,
i'm so glad i finished school" -F.Zappa 1967

"Whats he building in there?"- Tom Waits

WARNING TO UNSOLICITED SPAMMERS!!!

Pursuant to U.S. Code, title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II,
"Any and all non-solicited commercial E-mail (SPAM) sent to
this address is subject to a download and archival fee of
$500.00 U.S."! E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.