ICOM 211

Thanks to all, so far, who have responded about the ICOM 211, both plus
and minus. This BB is sure great.  Here is the deal:  I'm going to trade
an older reel-to-reel Sony tape recorder for it. The ham I'm trading
with, collects and repairs all sorts of gear like that. I happened to
mention to him that I don't currently have a VHF all mode rig. He said
he has an IC-211 in the closet. "Used it years ago, and not a scratch on
it". Then I mentioned the Sony, I don't use anymore. And he said, "Lets
trade". So, we're going to. Anyway, the 211 should give me a go at
receiving Mode S (with a downconverter) from some bird up there,
especially AO-40. Used to work AO-13 with a kludge setup. Down:  ARR 2
meter preamp, ARR 144/28 converter, Kenwood R-600 SW receiver. UP:  Icom
735 into a DEM 28/440 transverter kit. Antennas were HyGain crossed
yagi's. So, anything above those frequencies will be new to me!

Don...W6RWN