Re: Sat Elevation Indicator

Now, that you mention it, I wonder how hard this would be to do as
a hobbyist project.  Or, I was thinking, say, if you had a
'hobbyist az-el rotors.'  And, on the software side, you'd
need real time inputs of roll pitch yaw, and position.  And, then
the tracking program could in real time put two and two together and come up
with the proper place to point the antenna.  Seems
like position, now, with GPS is easy.  And, that for detecting
roll and pitch, maybe there's some kind of sensor we could buy for
this.  Or maybe build a simple gadget with maybe, like a wheel
weights and holes in it, that light would shine though.  For yaw,
I guess you'd need some kind of compass or something that could
be read by the computer.  I assume this kind of stuff is manufactured,
and is out there.  (Though I have no idea where and how much.) It
seems like it'd be tricky to get it absolutely perfect, but something
that maybe mostly worked might not be too hard.

This wouldn't work as  you drive around, obviously, but maybe
on a boat, if the waves weren't moving too quickly.  Or, perhaps
it could be a setup where when you park, your RV, the antennas
just know where to point automatically.  That'd be pretty cool
just by itself, I think.