Re: ICOM 211

At 07:20 AM 01/27/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Has anyone used the ICOM 211 (2 meters/all mode) as a satellite
>receiver? I know it is not the latest and greatest, but have the
>opprotunity to obtain one. I think in it's day it was considered top
>notch, and sold for $850. Any input appreciated.
>Don...W6RWN

Yes,  I have as EL2CA in 1980 in West Africa, I used it to copy and send
signals to Oscar ??
I had good copy with the few stations that were on sats at that
time.  Talked to Spain and France.
and some other African stations.

I also talk to my next door neighber about 100 yards away via the sats.  We
thought that was the best
contact.

Ian   W7DIR

AMSAT LM-1435