Re: ICOM 211

Don,

I think the ICOM 211 was a great radio for its time. I still own one and
use it on packet radio. I also keep it around as a spare just in case my
more modern rig takes a nose dive. It's not as fancy as the new rigs, you
have to set the repeater offset by tuning the two VFO's, and if the power
goes out you lose the settings, but you can probably pick one up pretty
cheap these days (I don't recall what I paid for mine many years ago). I
used to use my IC-211 on the Russian satellites with good luck.

Kelley, W0RK