squint for ao-40 in Pennsylvania

Hello, all.

Using alon=248 alat=-7 Nova tells me that there will be NO passes for me in
the next month with squint less than 25 degrees and just 13 days where it is
less than 45 degrees.  Most of these are just barely less than 45 degrees.

I believe the antenna beam width is on the order of 40 degrees; thats why I
chose to use 45 degrees in the calculation.

What have people found in terms of the squint angle they have been able to
tolerate for (1) audible reception and (2) good telemetery copy.  Please
include antenna type / gain and other factors if you know them like system
noise figure, or if you don't know that, whether you have a preamp on the
mast and if so what its noise figure is if you know it.

I had been listening to the S beacon early on when AO-40 first came back but
have been busy with other things (like work) since the beginning of the
month and have to get current again.  (Might even do some more work on my
AO-40 web page at some point).

Thanks in advance,

73,

Roger Rehr