Re: What do you use for Mode-J desense filter?

Hi Scott and all,

The 435 coaxial filter which has been used by many people is described in
the last several years of the ARRL Handbook.  It is also presented in the
latest edition of the Satellite Handbook.  I could not find any 3 inch
diameter copper pipe in short lengths so I found a can of "pork and
beans" (Campbell's I think) that was just the right size.  I could find
3/4 " pipe for the center conductor and I used PC material for the end
plates.  A purist might scoff at it but I could not detect any loss
through the filter just listening even after it became rusty!  I finally
found the bad solder joint on pin 1 of the mixer of my DEM transverter
and I don't have to use it anymore but it worked great for me and it was
cheap -- like me.

good luck,

73 de Jess - W4MVB