Upcoming Miami Hamboree and Orlando Hamcation

Two major hamfests are coming up in February in the Sunshine State.  The
Miami Hamboree will be held 3-4 FEB and the Orlando Hamcation 10-11 FEB.
AMSAT will have a booth at both hamfests.  Dave Jordan, AA4KN, is leading
the AMSAT booth effort at Orlando while I am responsible for the AMSAT booth
at Miami.  We expect to give AO-27/UO-14 demos at both Miami and Orlando, so
those who utilize these satellites during hamfest hours (0900-1700 EST) are
asked to be on lookout for our demo station (WD4ASW both weekends).

Volunteers are needed to help man the AMSAT booth at both hamfests.   If you
are planning to attend either Miami or Orlando, please consider volunteering
to help man the booth and represent AMSAT.  We can use your services even if
it is only for one hour. If you are interested in helping out, please send
me an e-mail (wd4asw@amsat.org) and let me know the day(s) and hour(s) that
you will be available to assist us.  If you will be attending either hamfest
but are not in position to help out, please stop by the AMSAT booth and say
'hello.'

An AMSAT forum is scheduled at both hamfests (1500 Saturday both weekends).
At Miami, ARRL's Steve Ewald, WV1X and I will be providing a basic overview
of AO-40 and Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS).  At
Orlando,  Stan Wood, WA4NFY, AMSAT VP-Engineering and other members of the
Phase 3-D Integration Team will give an AO-40 overview while Lou McFadin,
W5DID will also discuss Amateur Radio on the International Space Station
(ARISS).

Both weekends will provide a great weekend for highlighting AMSAT at these
hamfests.

73
Barry A. Baines, WD4ASW
VP-Field Operations