Re: WiSP TNC Parms?

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Roy Welch wrote:

> Paul, it sounds like you are setup correctly.  The TNC parameters are
> probably not the problem.  How long a coax run do you have, what kind of
> coax, do you have a preamp, do you have the latest keps, correct lat/long
> (decimal value) in WiSP, etc.  These are the things to check.

Hi Roy,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. As for the decimal value for the
lat/lon I took this value from a preset in the PREDICT program, where it
was listed as 33.8350 lat -118.0833 lon. This is what is in my tracking
software now.

However, when I installed the antennas I used a GPS receiver that read:

33 52 73  N
118 02 70 W

I would think that the GPS readings are the most accurate. How do I
convert the GPS numbers to the decimal format?

I'm using LMR-400 coax 100 ft (at the moment) and SSB preamps on both
bands.

Paul Delaney
kb2shu@linux.kb2shu.ampr.org
paul@moonlink.net