While we're on the subject of non-PC users .. ;-)

Comments on Linux have given me the perfect opening to air a gripe.  ;-)

<rant mode=raving>
I have noticed that the ham radio community, with the exception of
the Linux faithful, tends by and large to be a Windows-only club.
ARRL doesn't help this much -- I can't use any of their CD's because
they require Win95+, and have yet to see anything in their catalog
for anything *but* Windows -- but a lot of the other organizations
also seem to think that releasing Windows-only media is good enough
for all of us.

I know Macs aren't that popular, but there are people on the air that
prefer them -- and no flames for my OS or hardware of choice, please,
I have to use an NT4 workstation at my morning job and can't stand
the thing -- and so far the only software I've been able to find has
been Multimode, which admittedly does a very nice job at PSK31, but
it's small consolation for not being able to use any of the ARRL CD
products or the HamCall or Callbook CD's.  We may not have PC's, but
we do have computers ..</rant>

Thanks for the time on the soapbox .. just my $.02 ..

--
<BGB>