Re: Drake 2880's - Not an order request!

Paul Willmott wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> No this isn't an order request, just a note to say thanks!
>
> If you're expecting 100 units, and have orders for 250+, ... and even if
> that only translates to another 40 stations really capturing telemetry on S
> band, ... then I'll be on cloud nine!
>
> At the moment we only have about about 4 stations in North America actively
> capturing telem and sending it in to the AMSAT archive, ... and on most days
> only 2!
>
> Many thanks for really kick starting Mode S in North America!

Wow ! , that sucks , so my question for you paul and anyone else on the 'bb ...

For us windows challenged ( thats right I don't do 'em ) what do we do to
decoded the telemetry with our sound cards on our pc's ( I use linux , are there
any decoders for it ? ) and then do I just send you the raw stuff or does it
have to be converted ....
Maybe there should be a 'faq for folks who startup on this stuff late (or is
there already).
Unfortunately I have not really been following the whole process of what it
takes to get you telemetry because it seemed to be a windows exclusive thing ,
so please let me know if I have the potential to help ( I have a modified drake
converter and a 1.5 foot dish ,just don't have em up yet ) , I do have a
fulltime internet connection , so I would assume if I could set it up right I
could do it unattended , but then I am kinda dense about this stuff and tend to
move slow , but I do make progress.........

So let me know what I can do and if there is some linux software available and I
will do what I can :)

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544