Re: Drake 2880's

I agree. Many of us would like to have one or ore units. My suggestion
would be that all those that are interested be content with a single unit
at first to see how your distribution goes. Then if there are any left,
others could acquire additional units. Keep up the good work and again
thanks for the efforts on your part.

At 11:09 PM 01/25/2001 -0600, Mark D. Fossum wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>I just got home and there were 200+ messages in my box, most of them
>about the Drakes. There's no way for me to answer all of them directly.
>(I've been trying) Here's an update for you:
>
>My order is in Anchorage, AK at this time according to the FedEx
>tracking information. My guess is it's waiting for Customs clearance and
>the duty assessment before it heads out for the final leg. I'm hoping
>for at least 100 units on this shipment but there is no confirmation of
>the number yet. (Millicom confirmed the shipment but not the number of
>units shipped) From what I understand, FedEx will collect both Import
>Taxes and Broker Fees at the time of delivery so I still don't have a
>hard number. When I have it, I'll post the price. (I gave up trying to
>get an answer from Customs) When I see a big box in my office (hopefully
>Monday or Tuesday) I'll post a URL for orders on the AMSAT-BB.
>
>Sorry that I haven't been able to "take orders" yet. You have to
>understand that I don't want to get 250 orders if I only get 100 units.
>Dealing with refunds etc., just wouldn't be any fun. I'm doing my best
>to keep everyone happy and be fair at the same time.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Mark
>----

Reid Bristor