Re: Cheap Satellite Tracking

I am using the IR remote with a RS rotor. Fry's Electronics has the
remote setup for $45. It uses a wall-wart power supply and a small
control head. It has 3 large red LEDs, holds 99 positions in
memory. The accuracy and repeatability are about the same as the
original controller.

The handheld remote unit has a numerical keypad for entering
direct azimuth, memory positions and up/down buttons for slewing.
The display updates as the rotor slews..

I've been using it six months for my terrestrial VHF beams.

Jim N7TCF

Jim Sullivan