Re: 2.4 ghz antenna

> Can someone in tahe group tell me where to put the quarter wave probe in
>  a 1 pound coffee can and approximately how much gain it should have (yes
>  I really do have a 1 pound coffee can)?

Like Howard, I am too young to remember 1 lb. coffee cans, but I can envision
them :-)

Reference:  Kent Britain, WA5VJB, CQ VHF, Nov. 1999, pp. 60-62.

Place a 1.25" extension (into the can) on the coax connector and place that
exactly 2" from the back of the can.  For 23 cm, he uses a3 lb. can with a
2.3" element placed 4.5" from the back of the can (and offers an option for
stacking another can in front of that one with both ends cut out).

Kent states the 13 cm version has 10 dBi of gain, which is consistant with
the information presented in the ARRL Antenna Book.
73,
Jerry, K5OE