UV degradable plastics

I have called two major PLASTICS supply companies asking for their highest
UV degradable plastic and get nothing but "Duh....."

I thought with all the interest in biodegradable plastics to help clean up
the litter in the oceans, (6 pack rings, milk jugs, etc) that there was a
whole industry specializing in UV degradable products.  All I get is "no".

We want it as a fail safe for our satellite antenna release mechanism.
Opinions are nice, but we need demonstrable data..
Anyone have any ideas? (besides walking along the beach and noticing what
is in the worst shape...)

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

See my APRS LIVE pages    http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs.html
See APRS SATELLITES       http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/astars.html