Re: DEM downconverter

Try www.g0mrf.freeserve.co.uk

there is a good kit there at a lot less than 200 USD.

Simon GM4PLM

Art Goldman <aegoldm@lts.ncsc.mil>@AMSAT.Org on 25/01/2001 13:00:06

Sent by:  owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org

To:   amsat-bb <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
cc:

Subject:  [amsat-bb] DEM downconverter

Do not despair, all is not lost.

We have an order in to Down East Microwave:
http://www.downeastmicrowave.com  for their 2400RX
downconverter. They are now starting to produce the weather
tight unit with first shipment expected around 1 Feb. The
web site indicates a >20dB gain but we expect it to be
closer to 23 dB.. Price is around $200 assembled and tested.
A kit will also be available.

On a related note, I received our local Balt/Wash order of
10 parabolic dish antennas from Philips:
http://www.phillips-tech.com/main.asp?page=page6.asp  They
look very nice. Grills are painted gray -- all joints look
solid. Stainless steel hardware. Sealed dipole assembly. All
10 came in one box allowing us to share the cost of
shipping. The grill is separate from the dipole assembly and
the bag o' parts. Takes about 5 minutes to assemble. The
quantity of 10 cost $55 each -- vice $90 for quantity 1 --
and the shipping was still only $45 -- vice $38 for one.
Total for each unit: $49.50. A very nice cost savings
indeed.

We're now waiting on the DEM downconverters before we can
start testing.

Art, N3OY

The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee(s) only. If you are not
the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to the intended recipient) please
notify us immediately on 0141 306 2050 and delete the message from your computer. You may
not copy or forward it or use or disclose its contents to any other person.  As Internet
communications are capable of data corruption Student Loans Company Limited does not accept
any  responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent. For this reason it may be
inappropriate to rely on advice or opinions contained in an e-mail without obtaining written
confirmation of it. Neither Student Loans Company Limited or the sender accepts any liability or
responsibility for viruses as it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any).  Opinions and
views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and may not reflect the opinions and views
of The Student Loans Company Limited.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for
for the presence of computer viruses.