Re: Switching on Tiungsat / UO36

Hi Ross,

Ross Biggar wrote:

> A query , Is there a command or setting in MSPE where you can manually
> command it to tell the modem to ask the satellite to transmit on 38k4. It is
> probably there somewhere, but so far I cannot find it.
> So far I have had to wait until MSPE decides to send a change frequency
> command.

A change frequency command?  The turn on request is not a change frequency
command.  Only the command station can switch the frequencies.

> Is there a better method.?

Once WiSP starts MSPE for UO-36 or Tiungsat it sends the turn on command
automatically every 40 seconds until the satellite turns on.  This ought to
be sufficient.

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org